Published on May 29
EMG technician needed once weekly for 0.5 days for community-based physiatry practice assessing common entrapment neuropathies, polyneuropathies and radiculopathies.
This would be for a September 2017 start. The successful candidate would be put on salary for one half day (Tuesday mornings) per week, however, they would only be typically working max three (3) Tuesday mornings per month.
For further information please contact :
345 Lakeshore Rd East
EMG/ EEG Technologist
Posted on May 25, 2017.
Status: Full Time and Part Time positions available
Salary: $31.232 to 39.183 per hour
Hours/Shifts: Monday – Friday Day Shift (8 hours)
At St Joseph’s Health Centre Toronto, everything we do is aimed at living our mission and achieving our vision of advancing the health of our community by being Canada’s best community teaching health centre. This means we are committed to delivering exceptional experiences, shaping care through teaching and education, and providing seamless services for patients.
A Catholic hospital fully accredited with exemplary standing by Accreditation Canada, St. Joe’s Toronto is fortunate to be home to an entire community of people who live our values and mission every day — the staff, physicians, volunteers and students — that our patients and families will get to know during their experiences with us.
Working here means more than having a job; it means being part of a community where each and every member of our team is recognized and appreciated. Click here to view our many faces, one mission video.
Reporting to the Manager of the Medical Diagnostic Services and working as a member of the Neurology Team, the registered EMG/EEG Technologist is responsible for the performance of EMG and EEG studies on referred patients and for functions associated with daily operations of the EMG/EEG lab such as supplies inventory control and ordering. The EMG/EEG Technologist will prepare patients for and conduct standard nerve conduction studies, collect information pertinent to interpretation of the test and assist in the maintenance of the equipment. The EMG/EEG Technologist will collaborate with EMG/EEG lab physicians in planning and conducting the tests.
- Graduate of an accredited Electroneurodiagnostic Technology or Electromyography Technology program.
- Registered or eligibility to register with Canadian Board of Registration of Electroneurophysiology Technologists (CBRET) or Board of Registered Electromyography Technologists of Canada (BRETC) within 6 months of hire.
- Membership with Canadian Association of Electroneurophysiology Technologists (CAET) preferred.
- Current BCLS (Basic Cardiac Life Support).
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in performing both EEG and EMG tests with knowledge of current best practices.
- Demonstrated understanding of neuromuscular anatomy and physiology, electrophysiological equipment and electronic principles.
- Must possess strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills with a proven ability to interpret and evaluate clinical data and information.
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal, coaching, mentoring and team building skills that facilitate positive interactions among all members of the health care team.
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development and learning.
- Effective communications using timely, appropriate written, verbal and non-verbal means.
- Exceptional time management, and organizational skills, with an ability to work within a self-directed environment.
- A commitment to providing exceptional patient and family centred care.
- Ability to work in a computerized environment.
- Satisfactory attendance record.
Why Work at St. Joe’s?
- In support of being Canada’s Best Community Teaching Health Centre, we are committed to investing in education opportunities for our staff. We offer
- Education Assistance Grants that provide tuition reimbursement for career related continuing education
- Access to our Centralized Education Funds for help with your future professional goals
- Interest‐free Tuition loans
- Our fully equipped, on‐site fitness centre is only $12 per month per employee
- We are located in one of Toronto’s most vibrant and fascinating areas servicing Queen Street West, Roncesvalles Village, High Park and Parkdale
- Easy access to TTC surface and subway routes
WHEN APPLYING, PLEASE INCLUDE THE JOB TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
If you are interested in and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note while we value all applicants only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer